The main target of the FIIF is to boost concrete initiatives and practical actions that turn digitalization visions into business, as well as ensure and enhance the competitive edge of Finnish companies.
FIIF activities and services aim on a practical level to:
- Bring together relevant players
- Identify new and emerging opportunities and technologies
- Screen and analyse future trends
- Arrange fast pilot projects and demonstrations
- Identify and launch co-creation activities between organisations and value chains
- Initiate high-quality research and development activities
- Support planning and launching of training and education programs
- Create and distribute publications and reports
- Connect to and collaborate with appropriate international networks and actors (e.g. Industrial Internet Consortium, International Data Space)
- Expand FIIF activities to new areas and new locations
FIIF events are FIIF’s main way of working. They focus on selected thematic topics and activities (i.e. future trend screening, knowledge & experience sharing, pilots & demonstrations). The aim of these events is to generate ideas and actions that are developed further by the partners or worked upon in relevant FIIF Expert Working Groups. Depending on the needs of the companies, the actions may extend from rapid prototyping to R&D, and even further to pre-commercial research programmes. FIIF events also facilitate matchmaking between partners through one-to-one meetings and direct business contacts.