FIIF focuses on driving collaborative activities in the following thematic focus areas:
- Connected Devices: smart connected devices that are at the center of digital transformation, integrating the physical and virtual worlds.
- Human-Machine Collaboration: new model of work in which humans co-work with machines rather than use them as tools – each bringing to the table abilities that the other lacks.
- Advanced Analytics: use of sophisticated techniques and tools to discover deeper insights, make predictions, or make recommendations from (big) data.
- Cloud computing & Software Platforms: leveraging computing and software platforms to scale up and to speed digital transformation and digital business
- New Business Models: novel value creation opportunities that turn digitalization into real business value.
In terms of industrial sectors, FIIF is focusing on manufacturing industry, process industry, energy systems, and smart buildings. FIIF’s thematic focus areas and focus sectors are defined by FIIF partners.