Finnish-German Industry Day on Autonomous Systems, June 14-15th, 2018, Paderborn, Germany
it’s OWL and DIMECC are organizing a Finnish-German Industry Day on Autonomous Systems on June 14th, 2018. The theme is topical as increasing demand for productivity, safety and quality is setting increasing requirements for operators driving the market potential for autonomous systems. This requires leaps in many technology areas. Moreover, autonomous systems will impact industry applications and related processes and also have a lasting effect on the society in which they are used.
What’s in it for you?
This event brings together it’s OWL, DIMECC and respective partners to discuss relevant topics on autonomous systems, such as human-machine interaction, communication, safety and cyber security, and advanced machine features (e.g. context awareness, positioning, AR/VR). The aim of the event is to develop concrete cooperation models. The event addresses challenges, cases and future opportunities presented by established companies and new innovative solutions and case examples presented by start-ups and scale-ups. The event will:
- increase the understanding of the theme in involved companies
- showcase competence and offering by presenting solution/case examples
- help find new partners among the participants
- identify collaboration possibilities and development needs
Thursday, June 14th
07:00 Travelling to Paderborn, Germany
12:00 Welcome to it’s OWL
- Presentation: The Leading-Edge Cluster it’s OWL and Industry 4.0 Günter Korder, Managing Director Operations
- Presentation: DIMECC
12:30 Introduction of participating companies
- Companies introduce themselves and expectation of the event with respect to identified issues within the scope of the topic
13:30 Introduction to the themes (by one Finnish + one German Industry Representative
- What are technological development steps towards autonomous systems (e.g. machine vision, artificial intelligence, AR/VR solutions)?
- What kind of requirements do autonomous systems set for safety and cyber security?
- How are autonomous systems affecting society and human-machine collaboration?
- How do you value the role of autonomous systems in industrial production?
14:30 Case example presentations by participants
16:30 Meeting between Finnish & German Companies
18:00 Summary of Solutions, Cooperation Models and Wrap-Up
18:30 End of the event
20:00 Joint Dinner
Friday June 15th
9:00 Company visit: CLAAS Greenhouse
11:30 Working lunch
12:00 Heading back to Finland
How to join the event?
We would be very glad to welcome you at the Finnish-German Industry Day. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions regarding the event.
Sign-up to the Industry Day until May 15th by sending email to jukka.Merenluoto@dimecc.com