Finnish Industrial Internet Forum is a company driven activity that catalyzes starting, testing, planning, breeding or failing fast activities, which concretize the Industrial Internet visions into a good, sustainable business for Finnish companies.
FIIF operations are built around value networks, which are based on a market and customer need. These cover work machine, vehicle, engine, electronics, health and well-being and energy systems value networks. The value networks form and sharpen based on key companies’ activity.
Ultimate objectives of Finnish Industrial Internet Forum:
- Speed-up new businesses enabled by the Industrial Internet
- New business and growth for existing companies and their value chains
- New seeds for SME growth through new products, services and markets
- New markets for product, service and ICT companies – for all companies in industry turmoil
- Boost start-up companies to grasp new opportunities in services or in enabling technologies
- Link company needs and training and education to ensure flow of skilled people
Principles of working:
- It is an open forum type of activity that connects activities and interest groups
- It is a company centric activity driven by customer needs of the participating companies
- It involves a critical mass of actors over domains (companies from different business domains, interest groups and coordinators, research organisations and universities, funding bodies)
- It integrates company practices (business and technology) and research results to industry-need- driven Forum activities that may lead to deeper collaboration between any of the Forum member parties